- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic Crushed
- 1 Smoked Ham Hock
- 2 Pounds Fresh Collard Greens Washed, Trimmed
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- In 10-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, heat broth over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ham hock. Heat to boiling.
- Carefully add collards greens, one bag at a time. Once greens have wilted, stir in salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Cover; cook 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until greens reach your desired tenderness.
- Remove ham hock. Remove ham from bone; discard bone. Shred ham; return to stockpot and stir.
Share this Recipe