- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cans (28 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Slivered, or 2 tsp chopped, fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 Large Collard Leaves Center Ribs Removed
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Walnuts Toasted
- 4 Oz Goat Cheese Cumbled
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the tomatoes, garlic and herbs to the pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add salt. Set aside.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add half of the collards to the pot and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan with tongs and place into a dry bowl. Repeat with remaining collards.
- Rinse the quinoa to remove any bitter resin. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. add the remaining olive oil the pan and swirl to coat. Add the onion to the pan and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the walnuts and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Spread about ¾ cup of tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9x9 or 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Working with one collards leaf at a time, place about ¼ cup of the quinoa in the center of a leaf. Fold in the edges of the leaf and roll up tightly. Place the roll, seam side down, in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining leaves and quinoa. Spoon the remaining sauce over the rolls. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
Share this Recipe